Monday, April 25, 2011

Did your mother ever go on diets?

 Ingrid Sischy and Karl Lagerfeld,  Karl Lagerfeld Diet


- I remember that when I was twenty-four my mother telephoned to wish me happy birthday and said: «Oh, by the way, from twenty-four onwards it’s downhill all the way. So you would do well to start taking precautions now. You can say goodbye to your youth.» I dont’ know why she had chosen twenty-four, but I have remembered it all my life. I remember exactly which room I was in when she called me.
- And you really started taking care of your skin after that?
- Yes, but I have to admit that I never gave her the credit for it. She didn’t have the same criteria as I did, I suppose. She always said things that applied to her, such as: «No short-sleeved dress after the age of forty, one’s elbow look too old.» I never in my life saw my mother in a short-sleeved dress.
- Did your mother ever go on diets?
- No, she never ate.

Photo Olivier Zahm

No comments:

Post a Comment