Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I will not take "but" for an answer: Norman Kingsley Mailer


Norman Kingsley Mailer (January 31, 1923 – November 10, 2007) was an American novelist, journalist, essayst, poet, playwright, screenwriter and film director.



What is your greatest extravagance?
Restaurants.
What do you dislike most about your appearance?
Forgive me. I'll skip this laundry list.
What is your greatest regret?
The memory of the books I promised to write and didn't.
What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Wasting my days.
What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Beauty, mystery, wit, and the inner superiority to be above political correctness.
Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Let's say not the hero but the protagonist from whom I learned the most. That might be Anna Karenina.


I want to be the woman he likes...

The whole interview here

No comments:

Post a Comment